Every Kawartha Lakes Bus Lines employee including drivers, mechanics, dispatchers and office support staff is dedicated to safety. This commitment includes our shop staff's adherence to our Preventative Maintenance program. Our Easy Bus software tracking system makes it easy for our staff to ensure maintainance is performed on all of our vans, school buses, limos, transit buses and coach buses in accordance with strict Ministry of Transportation regulations. Under the Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration Certificate (CVOR) program, brakes are inspected every 3 months and a complete inspection completed every 6 months. In between, regular servicing and maintenance is performed.
Kawartha Lakes Bus Lines standards are consistent with safety regulations mandated by the following organizations:
- Ontario's Ministry of Transportation
- Ontario School Bus Association
- Ontario Safety League
- Ontario Motor Coach Association
- Motor Vehicle Saftey Association
Our passengers can count on a safe and comfortable ride each and every time aboard a Kawartha Lakes Bus Lines vehicle.
Kindly review the Ministry of Transportation website regarding bus safety ratings: Carrier Safety Ratings
All Kawartha Lakes Bus Lines drivers are qualified for their positions as follows:
- a class B driver's licence enabling them to drive any vehicle in our fleet
- a Criminal Record Search completed through the Ontario Provincial Police
- a Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) check completed through their local police detachments
- a valid First Aid Certificate attained through Kawartha Lakes Bus Lines
All drivers complete on-road and in-class training to ensure their qualifications meet Ministry of Transportation, company and School Board standards.